Monday, August 29, 2011

{Spotlight Artist} Welcome Alan Rampton Photography!


Hello, my name is Alan Rampton. First of all let me thank Brittani Gattis - BG Photography for letting me post on her blog. She is an outstanding artist and her images are jaw dropping.


I have always appreciated a good photo or painting, and over the past few years I have taken a very keen interest in photography. I enjoy country walks with some soft music and nothing more than my camera (and a Lowpro slingshot bag with lenses and filters in). I have a professional standard and have done several studio shoots. I like to capture those incomparable moments, whether they are relaxed, posed shots or off-the-cuff, candid ones, as well as landscape and nature shots. I would say I’m a “all around” photographer.

So when did I start to enjoy nature? Well I guess it was when I was very young, but not in the way one would think. I can remember when I was about 5 years old rolling around on the mud  covered floor pretending to shoot my brother, using the mud from the ground to cover our faces so we were camouflaged so we blended in better.  All nature was, at such a young age, was a straight branch as a M-16 assault rifle followed my noises off, “da-da-da-da-da” as he fell to the floor and played dead, and a few rocks as hand grenades. Those were the days!


Later on, but still in my younger years (though now I’m all grown up at 35) I would say about 11 or 12, I was a member of the scouts. This was a whole different look at nature. Yes, we did long mountain walks and learnt how to read a map and use a compass. However, I am sad to say that the fun bits were the gutting and cooking of rabbits and pigeons. Also we would use those perfectly good “M-16” branches to make an A frame for a make shift house called a bivouac. This is a frame covered in moss and leaves to make it water proof. If you made them right they were quite warm and cozy.
As I got a bit older again my outlook on nature changed, as a hang out and a quiet place to meet my girlfriend (moving on).


Like I said I now look at nature in wonder and see how I can make a beautiful sky look its best through the view finder on my camera and capture that image forever. If this is because I am getting too old to be rolling around the floor covered in mud, then I’ll take it.


I still get very “Chimpy” when I see a great picture opportunity – “oh oh oh ah ah ah” – and when I start “Chimping”, a smile comes to my face, and that is what photography should be about, making smiles whether that be your own or your subjects!


As Albert Einstein said “True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist“.  


I hope you enjoy the picture in this blog and please feel free to like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/AlanRamptonPhotography or even visit my private site www.AlanRamptonPhotography.co.uk
 
 















 
Thank you so much Alan for taking the time to make a nature post! I absolutely love your work and wish I could see some of these awesome sites for myself! Please take the time to visit Alan’s website and Facebook page to show this great artist some love!
<3 Brittani


 

No comments:

Post a Comment