Monday, August 1, 2011

{SPOTLIGHT ARTIST} Welcome Shelley Spencer Photography!



When I first began using a DSLR I found it really daunting to know where to start capturing inspiring images, I mainly wanted to capture memories of my two young children.

Whilst out taking photographs in the park, I noticed a beautiful patch of daffodil shoots. I was so excited when I took the picture, when I got home and uploaded I thought... rubbish!!! I have always loved anything pleasing to the eye, and from that one image on I have strived to capture the beauty you see from a subject on a photograph, to share the wonders that can often be taken for-granted. And so began my photographic journey with nature!

Composition is the key! In the early days I used to snap hundreds of photo's in the hope of getting something new and exciting. Today I compose my image and take the time to think about the photograph before I open the shutter. I see the image I want to capture before it has even been taken, be it vibrant, monochrome, over or under exposed. I see my subject, then see the way in which I want to portray it to the viewer and go for it! I have had some very strange looks from people seeing me on my knees, or lying on the ground pointing my DSLR at a subject!

Nature offers such a fantastic array of subjects well worth capturing. If you see something beautiful, think about how to really make the subject stand out in the photograph and make the viewer see the subject just as you saw it. Do all you can to achieve it, you may get a few strange looks, and a few muddy knee marks, but the results are so worthwhile!




Thanks so much Shelley! You did GREAT! Please everyone take the time to check out Shelley's great work, and learn more about her style and technique as a photographer!

Check out her Facebook Fanpage and don't forget to "like" it at the top! 

No comments:

Post a Comment